Manufacturing Cost Analysis
- Profit and Loss statements for a targeted site or sites
- Fact-based evaluation of the potential for cost efficiencies
- Optimization of supply chain and manufacturing efficiencies
- Identification and evaluation of specific material costs and supplier relationships
- Assessment of manufacturing process and technologies used by the competition
- Benchmarking a specific production process against examples of 'best in class' practice
- In-depth understanding of a competitor's revenues and cost structures for a specific site and product
- Product, process and client-specific implications, recommendations & conclusions
- Actionable evidence which supports and informs business planning
Enables clients to benchmark their own production costs and processes against alternatives used in the industry.
Manufacturing Cost Analysis enhances the client's understanding of key cost drivers and process differentiators associated with a specific product line and assesses how they vary by technology, process, competitor and geography.
Reliable information into specific manufacturing processes and technologies, cost structures, operating expenses, revenues and profitability is often unobtainable from published source data, or can only be estimated based on out-dated industry sentiment and assumptions. IRL Manufacturing Cost Analysis program is designed to provide an 'evidence' or 'fact-based' profit and loss statement for one or more manufacturing sites and/or product lines.
Through the collection of detailed evidence into the production processes that are employed, how the business and manufacturing organizations are structured and run, and what resources are utilized, related to a specific product, IRL develops a site-specific P&L which is detailed enough to show each individual product line and the costs associated with it.
Our Global Manufacturing Cost Analysis Team has a proven track record of conducting site analysis across multiple geographies and chemical processes which includes detailed analyses of product and site-specific manufacturing, marketing, sales and technical costs.