Pigments, Fillers & Additives
Pigments, Fillers & Additives Market Research Reports and Data - IRL
Pigments and fillers perform vital functions within a coating formulation. Pigments are introduced to control the degree of opacity and colour of the finish. The most important pigment is titanium dioxide, while other important inorganic pigments include carbon black and iron oxide.
The role of fillers and extenders is to add cost-effective bulk to a product and enhance its performance. Additives can bring a whole host of performance characteristics to a coating formulation. As agents, coating additives perform functions as diverse as the control of application properties, speed of drying, pigment separation, flame retardance, preservative action, thermal insulation, water repellence and biocide applications.
IRL offers comprehensive market coverage of the pigments, fillers and additives industry including market research reports and data.
- Inorganic pigments
- Organic Pigments
- Special effect pigments
- Functional pigments
Fillers and Extenders
- E.g. Calcium Carbonate, talc, china clay/kaolin, polymer-based pigments, mica, dolomite, low density fillers etc.
- E.g. appearance and surface effects, biocides, cure control, durability enhancers, flow modifying additives, surface active agents
Examples of multi-client and ad-hoc studies:
- Business Potential for Plastic Pigments in Europe (Research/Report)
- The Asia-Pacific Market for Pigments for Coatings (Research/Report)
- Global Use of MMA Binders in Coatings (Research/Report)
- Opportunities for Pigments & Fillers in the European Coatings Industry (Research/Report)
- The European Flame Retardant Chemicals Industry (Research/Report)
- The European Market for Industrial Biocides (Research/Report)
- Opportunities for Performance Additives in the European Coatings Industry (Research/Report)
- Customer Buying Behaviour in the Global Market for Paint Additives (Research/Report)
- Nanotechnology in the European Coatings Industry (Research/Report)