Marine & Protective Coatings
Marine Paints Market Research Reports and Data - IRL
These are used for the protection of ships and other craft. The main divisions are:
- Shipbuilding paints (applied at the shipbuilding stage)
- Ship-repair paints (used in dry-dock for application and some use for application at sea)
- Yacht paints (used mainly for pleasure craft)
Protective (heavy duty) Coatings Market Research Reports and Data - IRL
These are thicker coatings which protect massive steel structures, sometimes with fire-retardant properties as well. Typical applications include the steel cores of shopping centres, sports stadia, major halls etc. and large structures in corrosive environments or where chemicals are in use, such as marine environments, processing industries such as paper, sugar, chemicals, food etc. and many others. Protective coatings are also used for infrastructure applications such as bridges, tunnels, piping etc.
- Onshore protective coatings are used for land-based applications.
- Offshore protective coatings are used for sea-based applications.
The term heavy duty is sometimes to be preferred, because all coatings have a protective function.
The marine and protective coatings sectors are addressed in our national and regional paint market research studies as well as global studies and reports covering just these segments.
Examples of multi-client and ad-hoc studies:
- Perceived Requirements for On-board Maintenance Products in the Marine Sector (Research/Report)
- Global Market for Marine & Protective Coatings (Research/Report)
- PU Coatings for Pipe Applications (Research/Report)
- Market for Polysiloxane Coatings in Europe and the USA (Research/Report)
- The UK Market for Intumescent Paints (Research/Report)
- Overview of the Global Protective Coatings Market (Research/Report)